That Chilean Brother of Mine

3.04.2013

Ok, so he's not really Chilean. But he's been in Chile for a year; that counts for something right?
 I have missed this fool for a year now, only getting to see his face through Skype, so you can imagine my excitement when he finally came home. I was as happy to see him as Josie looks in that picture above. And let's be honest, that's a face of serious contentment.
 Since I'm posting up in Georgia and my family is in New Jersey, we decided to meet in the middle which was conveniently located in Roanoke, VA.
The actual knob, where you're actually supposed to take pictures. Oops.
One thing to know about my little family-- we cannot meet up without doing something fun. I'm not bragging; it's simply statistically true.
Fortunately, the AT passes right outside of Roanoke so we hit up the trail and hiked out to McAfee Knob; apparently it's the most photographed place on the AT. But we took all of our pictures at the wrong place, typical.
I love my family.

8 comments:

Bev said...

nothing better than some fine family time!!! glad you guys were able to meet halfway! always a great thing when both peeps wanna share the leg work ;)

Helene said...

wow this looks awesome! and you should only do fun stuff- right?
Helene in Between

Lena said...

So the real question is.. how did we NOT talk about this last night?! I want to hear all the details. OMG.

Allie said...

your family sounds awesome and im jealous of your brothers extended time in one of my favorite countries!! looks like an amazing reunion and your photos are gorgeous!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Your life, just feels beautiful to me. It just does.

Kotryna Bass said...

haha love that first picture! doggie looks over excited!

LG said...

you guys look very much alike! same joyful faces. somehow i missed the fact that your family is in new jersey up until now.. so close to where i am. oh also, i tagged you for a liebster award if you're interested in partaking :)

http://laurengaston.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

Epic Thread said...

Wow, these photos are amazing!
Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!

http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html