Wedding Extravaganza

2.20.2012

February 20, 2012

 Since I'm a newlywed, marriage is a big part of my life. Scratch that- since I'm a married person, marriage is a big part of my life. Rion and I are coming up on 7 months, and it seriously has been amazing. Life in general has been really hard (we both work full-time and go to school full-time) but our relationship has grown so much and so deep. Today I'd like to reminisce a little.
I was never really one of those girls who dreamed about what her perfect wedding would look like. Nothing against that, it just never really occurred to me to think that much in depth about it. But, when I had to start thinking about it there was no doubt in my mind that it should be outside. Rion and I are outdoor people, so it made sense. So of course on the day of the wedding it rained. Thankfully we had a back-up plan, and we were about to use it when the sky cleared up and the rain ceased. My mom swears that it was my wedding gift from my dad (he passed away when I was in high school). 
After that the wedding went off without a hitch. And honestly, when it came to it I didn't care where we got married as long as we got married! The wedding was a blast! Some of you follow Musings by Lena, and if you look close you can see she was one of my bridesmaids (the one jumping the highest in the right hand corner). If that doesn't tell you that it was an awesome party, I don't know what does!
Prior to the wedding I worked really, REALLY hard on handmade decorations for the ceremony and the reception. They turned out well, but honestly they caused too much stress. If you have the time to do a DIY wedding I would seriously recommend it, otherwise just don't spread yourself that thin. Simply enjoy your wedding and your beau. 
My favorite thing about our wedding (besides my man) was the location. We had it at a mountain bike retreat in North Georgia called Mulberry Gap. They had an open air barn that fit our laid-back wedding perfectly! Although the wedding rocked, my marriage totally trumps it. Yay for marriage!
Ps: all photo credit goes to Suburbanite Photography! Angie is AWESOME!

9 comments:

Messy said...

Wow...so chic! I love all your little details. Looks like a fab day!
Cheers,
Messy

Melanie Lea said...

Ha I LOVE that picture of you guys where Rion is fist pumping the air!! Your wedding was so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

PS-I've never been that kinda girl either. I mean, am I even going to have a wedding or should I just do the courthouse thing? Being the center of attention in a large crowd (even one filled with people I know and love) just freaks me out.

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

Such a beautiful wedding! I'm so glad the skies cleared, I would have been so frustrated!

Kelley Spurlock said...

Thanks so much! Dude-attention- not my thing either, and looking back at it now I think I would have been just as happy with immediate family and a few friends! Ah well, either way you end up married right?

The Adventurer said...

Stop it. Right. Now. Girrrl, your wedding was just the sweetest thing I ever did see! It was clearly so filled with love and all things you. I am also an especially big fan of your dress. Its so lovely!

Thank you for sharing these!!

Bekuh said...

Your wedding was gorgeous! I absolutely love every last detail. I'm envious you got straw bale seating, it was on my wedding wish list but didn't quite work with our budget. So precious and such a beautiful couple.

Lena said...

Ohh..wassup?!?!!? Is that me there in those pictures? Gosh, I'm famous.

But seriously, one the the best days. EVER!!!! One of my most favorite couples. Love you guys!

Me... said...

wow your wedding looked amazing!!! love the venue and the yellow!!!

Shaylynn... I blahwg It's True. said...

Listen.

I cannot even tell you what your wedding is making me think. Considering an actual wedding for myself one day.

THIS HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

Do not tell my best friend, she'll lose her mind. You just instilled 1% hope, the other 99% is still screaming elopement.